- Unofficial Python library for using the Polish Wordnet - python
- PolNet - Polish Wordnet
- (PDF) Polish WordNet on a Shoestring | Magdalena Derwojedowa - Academia.edu
I created this library, because since version 2.9, PlWordNet cannot be easily loaded into Python (for example with
nltk), as it is only provided in a custom
General overview on how to use the Polish WordNet in Python:
- Download and install the Polish WordNet from the official website (http://clarin-pl.eu/dspace/handle/11321/12).
- Install the PyWordNet library in Python by running
pip install PyWordNet.
- Import the PyWordNet library in your Python script.
- Load the Polish WordNet by calling the
WordNetclass from the PyWordNet library and passing the path to the downloaded WordNet database as a parameter.
- Once the WordNet is loaded, you can use the various functions provided by the PyWordNet library to perform operations such as searching for synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, etc.
- You can also use the
synsetfunction to get the synset of a word, and then use functions such as
definitionto get the details of the synset.
Here is an example of how to use the PyWordNet library to find synonyms of a word:
from PyWordNet import WordNet # Load the Polish WordNet wn = WordNet('path/to/wordnet/database') # Find synonyms of the word 'dog' synonyms = wn.synonyms('biegać') # Print the synonyms print(synonyms)
Keep in mind that this is a very general overview and you may need to refer to PyWordNet library documentation and other resources to fully understand the usage and capabilities of the library.